Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Address By Karen Ford-Warner - World Tourism Day Awards Dinner

Oranjestad, St. Eustatius - 27th September, 2007

It is my great pleasure and privilege to be with you in Statia during your first celebration of Tourism Weekand to address you on this historic occasion - your first World Tourism Day Awards Dinner.

I wish to thank my dear friend, Lady Alida Francis and the St. Eustatius Tourism Development Foundation for the kind invitation extended to me to return to Statia, for I was here once before in 1999 when I worked with the Caribbean Tourism Organization. As before, the hospitality has been overwhelming. Thank you all very much!

Today, I had the pleasure of touring parts of the island, visiting with Nicole Esteban and her team at STENAPA and being shown around the Botanical Gardens,with my enthusiastic and committed guide, Carlton Von Putten. I am so impressed with the progress that has been made since my last visit [in 1999] and with the rich history, culture, flora and fauna that offer limitless opportunities for the development of your tourism industry and your nation. Click here for more......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home